Out of hours and emergencies
Your local pharmacy will be able to provide you with advice and medication to help relieve the symptoms of common ailments.
Weekend and evening appointments
You can access appointments with a GP from 6:30pm to 8pm Monday to Friday, as well as on a Saturday, these can be booked through the practice during normal practice hours. Please call 01434 684216.
This service known as The Hadrian Extra Care Hub and is hosted by Corbridge Health Centre, Newcastle Road, Corbridge NE45 5LG.
When the GP practice is closed
If you need medical help fast but it’s not an emergency call 111, if it’s a life- threatening emergency call 999.
NHS 111 is the number to call when you need medical help fast but it’s not a life- threatening emergency. Calls to 111 are FREE from landlines and mobiles and is available 24/7, every day of the year.
When to call 111
You should call 111 when:
- you think you need to go to A&E or to another NHS urgent care service
- your GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
- you don’t know who to call for medical help
When to call 999
Call 999 for life threatening emergencies such as:
- Major accident or trauma
- Severe breathlessness
- Severe bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe chest pain
- Out of hours care
There are urgent care centres at Wansbeck, Hexham and North Tyneside General Hospital for less serious conditions including:
- Minor head, ear or eye problems
- Broken nose or nose bleed
- Sprains, strains, cuts and bites
- Children’s minor injuries and ailments
- Minor fractures or broken bones
- Abscesses and wound infections